Saturday 5 March 2011

Kitchen Gound Rules

The definition for kitch-en is: a room or place equipped for cooking. I agree with the definition but it is also much more than that. No matter what the occasion is friends and family flock to the kitchen to talk, work, relax, etc. It has been proven that the kitchen is the most popular room of the house. This must be the reason why all the decisions needed to made for the kitchen design are so stressful.
The birds eye view:
Now, before I get started with inspirations and ideas, I must tell you a couple of my moms ground rules. 1. No White. It is so hard for me to let go of these two photos, but I must.
2. No Colored Cabinets. Green, blue, red, purple, orange (she does LOVE orange)...not gonna happen.
3. Contemporary
So basically that leaves a style of wood....but which one!?
-KP

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Too many choices! Have you narrowed it down at all?? I guess it all also depends on floor color, counter top color, appliance color, etc - eek, overwhelmed just thinking about it all. Can't wait to get home and help though ;-) /cp

    ReplyDelete