Tuesday 5 April 2011

Ahoy Matey

My sister and I got the okay to design the Coach House room! As you can see below, a lot of work needs to be done.












We have already started moving along with the plans. For the most part I am going to try to collect items around the house/buy at garage sales and spruce these items up on my own.



Rug has been ordered from Pottery Barn


We will have to work with twin beds since the ceiling is too low for bunks. We will use the current navy duvets we have and will encorporate some red and yellow in the throw pillows.
For the ultimate lakey look I am thinking of getting barrels and wrapping them with thick boat rope for the nightstands.


Decor and map...Christy will be on the hunt for large Lake Geneva maps.


Cost effective centerpiece for the wall art above the couch. OR we may use the wheel we aleady have and put the oars somewhere else.


Chest for a coffee table


Pillows for the wood couch...I am going to pick out the fabric on my own and hopefully my seamstress with make the pillows!


Since I don't think that any of the Parker's will be winning the regata anytime soon(last time we sailed we got stranded in the middle of the lake and Christy actually jumped ship and swam home!) we will need to get a sailboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment